AmigaActive (1347/2143)

From:Michael Carter
Date:19 May 2000 at 11:11:54
Subject:RE: Voyager 3.2 and icon borders

Yeah the PowerUP coder is an arrogant w*nker IMHO.

>as for MorphOS, well, a lot of H&P people like this too...but its not
>AmigaOS !!

Hmmm, well it allows all 68k stuff to work, has most of the major libraries
working such as MUI, AHI, CGX and all the ROM is PPC which is DEFINETLY a
good sign. Games may not work - but I don't care for games personally
anymore.

>Also, as a sidenote, other PPC cards in development are going
>to be running
>WarpUP PPC kernel - how Voyager (at least its PPC plugins)
>going to work on
>that then?

Hmm, I'm not jumping on any side... but when and where are these new PPC
cards then? Phase5 went out, Amijoe is taking their time... At the moment
MorphOS has no reason to look at WarpUP. Seeing as one of the lead coders
is the PowerUP software creator you can see why the choice was made.

Also MorphOS claims to be easy to port for other CPUs and stuff so maybe
they have thought about WarpUP support as a future option?

Anyway for now MorphOS doesn't even support BlizzardPPC so there still some
work to be done on it :( even though a release is supposed to be this
summer...

- M!Ke C

Make new friends, find the old at Classmates.com: